On June 2, 2007 an amalgamation agreement and new constitution were officially signed in Sault Ste. Marie to form the Northern Ontario Curling Association to be one strong governing body for curling from the Manitoba border to Moose Factory to Mattawa.
In the past, four associations promoted and supported curling in Northern Ontario. The Northwestern Ontario Curling Association, Northern Ontario Ladies Curling Association, the former Northern Ontario Curling Association and Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Curling Association amalgamated effective May 1, 2007.
- Region 1: Muriel Anderson (Sioux Lookout); Rob Sinclair (Fort Frances)
- Region 2: Paul Burke (Thunder Bay); Bev Junnila (Thunder Bay)
- Region 3: Ken House (Geraldton); Sharron Lennie (Manitouwadge)
- Region 4: Al Gemmell (Algoma Mills); Maymar Gemmell (Algoma Mills)
- Region 5: Alan Arkilander (Sudbury); Debbie Grillanda (Azilda)
- Region 6: Rose West (Haileybury); Bob Hardy (Iroquois Falls)
The Board selected Al Gemmell of Algoma Mills as President, Muriel Anderson from Sioux Lookout as Vice-President and Debbie Grillanda of Azilda as Secretary-Treasurer.NOCA hired Leslie Kerr of Atikokan as Executive Director. A logo for the new Association was unveiled on June 2, 2007.
MISSION: To promote and develop curling as a recreational and competitive sport in Northern Ontario.
VISION: Recognized locally, provincially, nationally and internationally as the organizing body for the sport of curling for Northern Ontario.
Northern Ontario Curling Association believes that:
1. The name of the Corporation is “Northern Ontario Curling Association”.
2. The objects of the Corporation are to: